Some CONCESSION RULES to know when SIGNING UP:
The Concession Manager has procedures and rules that need to be followed to ensure a safe, well organized work environment for everyone. Please listen to the Manager and follow those rules at all times. The Concession Manager reserves the right to remove any worker that is not abiding by those expectations.
Please note some of these GENERAL RULES when signing up for your shifts:
- Workers must be 16 years of age, or older, to work shifts. Any inquiries or concerns regarding this matter can be discussed with the Concession Manager.
- Minors under the age of 18 must be on shift with a regular volunteer or paid employee/manager.
- If you have to make changes to your shift please inform Bonnie, the Concession Manager, at 403-586-8798.
- While there is no specific “Dress Code”, please ensure you do not have loose clothing, long hair is tied back, and clothing is suitable for a Family Environment.
- When working your shifts please do not bring children along into the Concession or to the Candy Counter (Grizzly Games).
- In keeping with the Safe Food Handling guidelines, and the Concession Managers preferences, please refrain from eating and drinking at the front counter while working. Volunteers' personal snacks and drinks can be consumed in the back where their personal belongings are kept while they work.
- NO CELL PHONES!! There is a task list of things that can be done if it is quiet. Keep your cell phones in the back room.
**Any additional guidelines will be presented in the Concession by Bonnie.
Olds Grizzlys Jr. A & Olds Minor Hockey Volunteer Partnership
During the 2017-18 Season, Olds Minor Hockey and the Olds Grizzlys Jr. A club have agreed to exchange Volunteer Services. The Grizzlys will be donating instruction time for Skill Development Sessions throughout the season. In return, OMHA Teams will be assigned 1 Game to supply between 6-10 Adults to provide Security for the Grizzly Home Games. The OMHA Team assigned for the home game will be given free entry for all players on the team for that game as well.
Managers will be responsible to select and signup for a Home game during the season, and then directing the Team Parents to fill positions for that specific game. Parents can have Friends and Family fill these roles, as long as they meet the following expectations.
Security expectations are:
- Everyone over the age of 18
- Signup/Arrive 15-30 minutes before game starts
- Signup and get security vest at Grizzly main office
- NO Drinking while on security
- Expectations of areas that need to be covered will be explained at office