Interested in Coaching? Please submit an application by using the links below.
***** We are currently accepting Head Coach applications for our AA and Female Elite teams.
Each application must be accompanied by a Criminal Record Check (CRC) obtained from your local RCMP Detachment. For details on how to obtain a CRC, please scroll down.
Assistant Coach Application
Junior Coach Application
OMHA offers an on-ice helper for the development of our Athletes into leadership roles within our association. Players from U13 to U18 are able to participate in this program with some stipulations in place. If interested, please apply by clicking the link above.
2020 - 21 OMHA Coach Managers Handbook - Coming Soon!
The deadline for each team to meet the coach education requirements is November 15, 2020.
Please login to your e-Hockey account to see if any of your courses have expired.
Each coach, assistant coach or team manager who would like to take these courses will be required to sign up and pay for each clinic individually. Each requirement achieved is eligible for 100% reimbursement. See Coach Certification Reimbursement form below.
Coach Certification Reimbursement - Closed for 2019/20 Season
Information regarding Criminal Records Checks (CRCs):
- You must get the check done at the detachment in or nearest the home where you reside. (For example: If you are a resident of Sundre but are coaching a AA team in Olds, you must go to the Sundre detachment.)
- The RCMP asks that a cover letter stating the organization requesting the CRC accompany the application. This tells them what kind of check is needed. In this case it's the "vulnerable sector" check that is needed for coaches/adults dealing with minors.
- The week's CRC's submitted are sent in by the Detachment to be processed Wednesday afternoons. They are typically returned and can be picked up Thursday. If you submit your request anytime Monday - Wednesday morning you should be able to pick up Thursday. If you submit your request on Thursday or Friday, your request will be put with the batch that goes out the following Wednesday and you must then wait nearly a week.
- The person applying for the CRC does not have to be present for both the drop off AND the pick up of the CRC. They only have to be present at ONE of those times to present their photo identification. It is suggested it may be better to at least be present for the PICK UP, that way the RCMP can discuss any concerns with the application should they arise. If the applicant is dropping off the form and having a spouse or parent pick up the finished check, this should be noted with the person at the detachment.
- Two pieces of ID are required. One must be photo ID.
- In the event that the person applying for the CRC has a BIRTH DATE that matches a Flagged Birth date of an offender, etc, fingerprinting would need to be done.
- **NEW** Our information is that the Olds RCMP have now streamlined this process so you can have fingerprinting done at the detachment and have results by the next day. No waiting months for results. If fingerprinting is necessary there is a $25 charge, unless it accompanies the cover letter that OMHA provides for the CRC's we are requiring.