Interested in becoming a referee? Read the requirements below and reach out to Kyle our Referee In Chief if you have any questions.
Hockey Alberta NEW OFFICIALS - REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 13 years old.
- Clinics take place between September 15 and November 30 annually.
- Register for the "HU-Officiating 1/2" Clinic. You must complete the Hockey University Officiating online course prior to registering for an in-class clinic. The course takes approximately three hours to complete.
- Once you have completed the online course, register for an in-class clinic.
- In order to register for a clinic on line you must have an eHockey account, click the EHockey link on the left to be re-directed to the eHockey site and follow the steps to create your account or log in using your existing email and password. If you are registered with Hockey Canada as a player or a coach you will already have an account in HCR and you should be able to register for a clinic with out setting up any additional accounts. For a step by step tutorial on how to create a eHockey account, CLICK HERE.
- After creating your account CLICK HERE to go be re-directed to the Dates and Locations section of the website and follow the appropriate steps to register. Please do not just show up to a clinic and expect to be able to attend as we have limited spots available based on the number of instructors assigned to the clinic.
- All clinics consist of classroom sessions and on-ice sessions. Bring your skates, helmet (with visor) and a Whistle to your on-ice session.
Due to COVID-19, OMHA is not planning to host any Referee Clinics for the 2020-2021 season.
We will keep the info below, just in case things change.
The following links will walk you through the process of creating an account and registering for a clinic.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Kyle Hohenwarter at firstname.lastname@example.org