AA & Bantam Elite Import Player Registration Information
Olds Minor Hockey Association accepts non-resident (import) players for its Peewee AA, Bantam AA and Midget AA teams from the following Hockey Alberta centers:
For Bantam Elite, the Drawzone includes the following communities:
- Airdrie, Banff, Beiseker, Bowden, Canmore, Carstairs, Cochrane, Cremona, Crossfield, Didsbury, Drumheller, Hanna, Kneehill, Mini Thni, Morrin, Oyen and Sundre.
There is NO limit to the number of import players on each of the Olds Grizzlys Peewee AA, Bantam AA, Bantam Elite and Midget AA teams.
At the time of registration imports are only required to pay the $100 non-refundable tryout fee prior to July 16th, and $250 after July 16th. Those non-resident players who fail to secure a spot on an Olds Grizzlys AA team MUST return to their home association. Players granted a spot on an Olds Grizzlys AA team will be required to pay all associated OMHA fees within 48 hours.
Import players also have the opportunity to attend the OMHA AA Conditioning Camp. This camp will be scheduled for late August or early September.
'AA' & Bantam Elite Import Players; Steps to Follow:
- Fill out the Hockey Alberta AA Hockey Notification Try-Out Form or the Elite Female Notification of Try-out Form This form will need to have all of your child's information filled out as well as the signature from your local Minor Hockey President.
- Follow the link to register for AA Tryouts and Conditioning Camp (conditioning camp is optional, but recommended)
- Pay the Tryout & Conditioning Camp fee online through the registration process. Pay prior to July 15th, to avoid a $150 increase.
- Submit the completed and signed Notification form to the Olds Minor Hockey Registrar.
If your child is successful and makes the team, the registration fee will be due within approximately 48 hours of the team being finalized. Their registration fees will follow the fee schedule according to the date for which they registered with Olds Minor Hockey. The team cash call to fund team expenses will likely follow within the next week or two.
If they do not make the team, they will be released back to their local Minor Hockey Association or if you wish, you may request a second tryout for another AA team.
OMHA has an interest in supporting families who wish to offset the cost of playing hockey by working hours in our Concession.
For the 2019 - 2020 season, families will be required to work 20 hours of time in the Concession. If a family has not worked 10 hours prior to Dec. 15, 2019, $300 will be invoiced to your TeamSnap account. Families will need to work an additional 10 hours prior to March 15, 2020 to prevent having another invoice of $300 sent.
There is also an "Opt Out" option where families may pay $450 immediately on registration and not be required to work any Concession hours.
Please note that once you have chosen an option for the participation fee, it will not be changed so be sure of your decision. (example 1: If you opt out and then decide at a later date you would rather have paid someone to do your hours, you will NOT be refunded the opt out fee)
Please click here to register a non-resident player for AA tryouts and/or conditioning camp.
Non-resident players will not be allowed on the ice without a completed Hockey Alberta AA Notification of Try Out Form and (if attending the AA Conditioning Camp) a Letter of Permission: Conditioning Camp signed by their Local Minor Hockey Association President.