Non-Resident AA & U15 Female Elite Registration

Olds Minor Hockey Association accepts non-resident (import) players for its U13 AA, U15 AA and U18 AA teams from the following Hockey Alberta centers:

  • Bowden, Carstairs, Didsbury, Innisfail, Kneehill, and Sundre


For U15 Female Elite, the draw zone includes the following communities:

  • Airdrie, Banff, Beiseker, Bowden, Canmore, Carstairs, Cochrane, Cremona, Crossfield, Didsbury, Drumheller, Hanna, Kneehill, Morrin, Oyen and Sundre.


There is NO limit to the number of import players on each of the Olds Grizzlys U13 AA, U15 AA, U15 Female Elite and U18 AA teams.

At the time of registration, imports are only required to pay the $150 tryout fee. ($100 which is non-refundable) prior to July 15th, and $250 after July 15th.  Those non-resident players who fail to secure a spot on an Olds Grizzlys AA or U15 Female Elite team MUST return to their home association.

Players granted a spot on an Olds Grizzlys AA or U15 Female Elite team will be required to fully register and the payment plan will be put into place at that time. Registration fees will be based on the date you registered for your tryout in Olds. If you registered for your tryout late and make the team you will charged the late registration fee as well.

Import players also have the opportunity to attend the OMHA AA add/or U15 Female Elite Conditioning Camp.  This camp is currently TBD.

In order to complete this Conditioning Camp/Tryout Registration, you will need the following:

***NOTE*** when filling our Letter of Permission at the very bottom "Forward Submission" please enter

Letter of Permission is to be completed online.

As always, if you are having trouble getting registered please contact our Registrar.

Non-Resident (regular stream)

If you are a non resident player who's home association has no team in your age division, the team in your age division is full or you would like to apply for an exception to play in Olds (a letter outlining reasons must be included) you must fill out a Hockey Alberta Player Movement Form.

If this applies to you, please complete the applicable form (see below) and scan and submit it to

Each Player Movement Form will be reviewed by the OMHA board on a case by case basis.  Once approved, a link to register will be sent.

If you are not an Olds Resident player but have played for Olds in the past you still MUST fill out and submit the Hockey Alberta Player Movement Form.  This is a yearly process.

**NOTE** Please send in your Player Movement request as soon as possible so we can look at the number of players in all divisions.  Should your movement request be accepted by OMHA your registration fees will be based on the date your Player Movement Form was received by the OMHA registrar.

FYI - the Hockey Alberta Parent Declaration form is done online, please forward a submission to the email above.

Please note: this excludes players who have never previously registered in hockey or who are trying out for one of the OMHA "AA" teams.  If you wish to register someone who has never been registered with any association, please, click here.

Questions can be directed to our Registrar at